Sunday, July 24, 2011

Worth the Wait!

It's been awhile since I posted, but I think it will be worth your wait. If you have ever used Moodle I think you'll agree that it is a powerful open source classroom tool. My problem has been finding a hosting option that worked with a teachers zero dollar budget. Well here it is: KeytoSchool. They host your classroom Moodle for FREE! It takes awhile to become active, but I solved that with a jaunt to Family Dollar and Walmart. By the time I got home, my site was ready to be managed. If you aren't familiar with Moodle you may want to do a bit of reading up on it first. There are some good guides online for that. I'm pretty excited to be able to offer this to my students this year. In a little over an hour, I have set up my profile and the initial settings for the site, selected a theme and created 3 courses for my science classes.

Another great find I recently made that has kept me too busy to post is pinterest.   What a fabulous way to visually bookmark websites.  Students are becoming increasingly visual and digital.  Sites like pinterest and sqworl make it super easy to categorize and share websites with your students.  I hope you find something you can use.  I know I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...