Thursday, April 12, 2012

S.T.E.M.

So I was thinking that I should be more systematic about blogging.  I figured that I've got some followers who probably wish they were hearing from me more often.  I don't like to post for the sake of posting.  I want to have something valuable to share, so I've been giving this a lot of thought.  Here's what I came up with.
I have allowed myself to get boxed in by the name I chose.  Just because I am "the Teched Out Teacher" doesn't mean that I can't share other things.  For the next month, I am going to try posting
according to the acronym STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).

You can look forward to Saturday Science, Technology Thursday, Everyday Engineering, and Monday Mathematics.  While 3 of these subject areas have specific days of the week, engineering is special in that it will appear on random days.

If this goes well, I will continue the pattern.  Since I teach in a STEM lab setting, I hope to have plenty of ideas to share.  Even so, I know that collaborating with others is much more powerful.  That is why I thought there might be others who would want to share their ideas too.  In an effort to build a more collaborative blog, I will begin offering Team Up Tuesday.  Every Tuesday, you will be able to join in the fun of sharing ideas and TpT products here on my blog.  If we all Team Up, everyone can benefit.

Now you know what to look for.  Make sure you stop by often to see what's new.


1 comment:

  1. Love the idea!

    I have theme days/weekly features that really help me focus my thoughts on something specific...and it helps me keep a variety of posts going (instead of always posting about my 1st love...math).

    Best of luck!

    ~Michelle
    Making It As A Middle School Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...