Saturday, August 13, 2011

Giddy 4 Google Docs

As a teacher, one of the best FREE resources I have found to encourage the use of technology and decrease the paper load is Google Docs.  I haven't found a lot of teachers who are really using them to their fullest potential.  If you've never tested them out you don't know what you're missing!  If you've used them but don't see the potential for making your job easier and engaging your students, you might need to take another look.  This guide from Free Technology For Teachers may be exactly what you need. 

I don't know what I like the most about them.  We've used the forms to create blog entries that I can edit before copying and pasting to our school website and to answer quiz questions that can be graded via Excel in Google Docs with a 1 time painless setup.  We've used the document feature to generate class vocabular lists and KWL charts quickly with everyone typing their responses all at once.

As we gear up for the beginning of another school year, you might want to give Google Docs another glance!


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I am passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you! Hop over and see for yourself!
    LifeInSpecialEducation

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...